Programs of Study (POS)
Mission of SOAR
The mission of SOAR (Students Occupationally and Academically Ready) is to prepare students for college and careers in a diverse, high-performing workforce.
Goal of SOAR
SOAR is the career and technical Program of Study (POS) educational plan that articulates the secondary career and technical programs to postsecondary degree or diploma or certificate programs. SOAR programs lead students into a career pathway that align the secondary courses to a postsecondary program to complete a degree or certificate.
What is SOAR?
SOAR is built on programs of study which incorporate secondary education and postsecondary education elements and include coherent and rigorous content aligned with challenging academic standards and relevant career and technical content. These career and technical programs of study includes a statewide articulation agreement partnership between secondary schools and postsecondary institutions.
SOAR Supports High Demand Careers
SOAR programs prepare today's student for High Priority Occupations (HPO) which include career categories that are in high demand by employers, have higher skill needs, and are most likely to provide family sustaining wages.
Benefits of SOAR
- Saving Money on College Tuition
- Saving Time by Shortening College Attendance
- Getting on the Right Career Pathway
- Entering the Job Market Ready
- Getting a Consistent Education
Frameworks of SOAR
- Articulation to Secondary Programs
- Validated Core Common Competency Lists
- Alignment to College Standards
- Approved Career and Technical Education Program(s)
- End of Program Assessment
- Industry Certification Alignment, if appropriate