Begin Main Content Area

​Annual Mail-in & Absentee Voter List

long list with a pencil

County election officials maintain annual mail-in and absentee voter lists. If you are an annual mail-in or absentee voter, your county will send you a renewal application every year by the first Monday in February. This includes ballots for any primary election, special election, general election and municipal election in which you are eligible to vote.

How do I request to be added to the annual list?

You can submit a request to be added to the annual list at:

After your application is approved, you will receive your ballots in the mail for the remainder of the year (and through the third Monday in February of the following year). 

If you are on the annual list, you will also be sent an application by the first Monday in February of each year to renew your annual mail-in or absentee ballot request.

How do I cancel my ballot request?

If you no longer want to vote by mail in the upcoming election, fill out the REQUEST TO CANCEL MY BALLOT Form (form in Spanish) and return it to your county election board as soon as possible. This will cancel your mail-in or absentee ballot request. Note that you can only cancel your own ballot.

If you submit a REQUEST TO CANCEL MY BALLOT Form (form in Spanish) and you are an annual mail-in or absentee voter, your status will also be canceled, and you will not receive a ballot in the mail for any upcoming elections. If you want to vote by mail ballot in the future, you will need to reapply for one.

What if...

...I don't fill out and return the application for a specific year, can I still vote a regular ballot at my polling place on election day?

Yes. If you don't want to receive mail ballots for a specific year, just don't return the application you receive from your county. You'll be able to vote in-person, on election day, using a regular ballot.

...I don't return the yearly application, will I receive an application next year?

Yes. you will receive an application every year until you cancel your annual mail-in or absentee status or move to another county and do not request to transfer your status to the new county.

...I move?

If you move, contact your county election office to ensure your mail-in or absentee ballot will be sent to your new address. If you move to a different county in Pennsylvania, you will need to update your voter registration and request to maintain your annual mail-in or absentee ballot status or have your existing application transferred, by:

 Content Editor

Don’t miss voting deadlines!

Sign up to receive emails about mail ballot deadlines, voting processes, new voting system, and more sent directly to your inbox.

Sign up for Updates

envelopes flying