Begin Main Content Area

Information for College Students

As a college student, you have a choice about where you register to vote: at your home or college address.

You have the right to register and vote where you live while attending college in Pennsylvania. You can use either an on-campus or off-campus address.

You may choose to register and vote at your prior home address. 

If you are studying abroad, the Federal Voting Assistance Program guides you through the process to vote if you will be out of the country on Election Day. 

Whatever you choose, you have to register to vote at least 15 days before the electionStart by reviewing the Pennsylvania voter registration requirements.

How do I vote by Absentee Ballot?

As a student, you can vote using an absentee ballot that you get by mail. 

First, you must request to vote with an absentee ballot by mail. 

When you get the ballot in the mail, mark it and send it back to your County Election Office. 

Your absentee ballot form must arrive at the County Election Office before Election Day. This means you must postmark your application early enough so it arrives on time. 

Learn how to vote by absentee ballot.

What do I need to know about voting at a Polling Place?

If you are a new voter in Pennsylvania, or registering for the first time at a new address, we have information to help you get ready to vote: